Link to HSE guidance on HAVS:
– An HSE guide to Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)
The HSE have provided a downloadable calculator, for converting vibration (measured in m/s2) into “HAVS points”. You (or your supervisors / managers) can use this to work out how many HAVS points to assign to each asset.
Once your assets have HAVS points set, you can easily check your vibration exposure each day, to help you and your employer ensure you stay within safety limits.
Note – In the current version of ToolFleet, it is possible to enter HAVS points against each asset, and this will display for you and your colleagues to access. However, the full-blown HAVS-logging feature for recording total daily staff exposure points has not yet been enabled. This will be available in a future release – probably in the form of a separate, but strongly interlinked, application.
1. What is ToolFleet?
2. Logging in.
3. Finding what you’re looking for, in the asset lists.
4. Logging information.
5. Raising ‘alerts’.
6. Moving an asset, and putting an asset in-use / out-of-use.
7. Calculating and logging Hand Arm Vibration (HAVS points).
8. What’s ‘Group’ for?
9. What to do if you need help, or hit a technical difficulty.
10. A final word.